Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want?

+4
lonewolf3k
kev
zulu3k
Lamby
8 posters

Go down

Do You Want A Bigger Display Area

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_lcap80%What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_lcap0%What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_lcap20%What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Empty What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want?

Post by Lamby Mon May 19, 2008 3:06 pm

What is your opinion on the size of Tackle Frenzy?????? Question Question confused

TF butting in here on Lamby's post (hope that you don't mind Lamby). We have an opportunity to take on more space which may help our wholesale operation and enable us to increase the display area of the shop. It would allow us to display bivvies, shelters, beach buddies, chairs beach tri-pods, carp pods etc which we are unable to do at the present time. This could be an opportunity for us to present the tackle shop that I beleive many anglers would like to see in Newton Abbot, good display of products with top quality well priced tackle & bait. What Lamby is asking is are you looking for such a shop in Newton Abbot?

Please let us know, we try very hard to present tackle and bait to local anglers and to find out what sort of stock you guys are looking for, just take a few minutes to let us know.
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtonfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Empty Re: What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want?

Post by zulu3k Tue May 20, 2008 2:15 am

Y change something that is doing well as it is rock n' roll
zulu3k
zulu3k
Need To get A Life

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Empty Re: What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want?

Post by Lamby Tue May 20, 2008 10:34 am

Good point but could it do better???
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Tue May 20, 2008 11:01 am

How could you make it any bigger at the current premesis? Im intrigued!
kev
kev
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Tue May 20, 2008 12:11 pm

We can find away if need be. what is your vote????
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by lonewolf3k Tue May 20, 2008 5:15 pm

my thought is if you take on more space that is going to cost you more then to offset the other space you would have to increase your prices and if it starts getting too much could cause you to close god forbid , i say what you have is big enough most people know what they want and and can see what a thing is like in a catalouge picture . i say it would be a wast of time sorry but i speak my mind and say what i think.my vote is no leave as is.

lonewolf
lonewolf3k
lonewolf3k
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Tue May 20, 2008 10:49 pm

Don't apologise lonewolf, your views are what we are looking for, not blowing smoke up our ass. The point of expansion would be to have more products on display and hopefully to draw in more customers and certainly not to put prices up. As you know we are always looking to reduce the cost of fishing to get more people into angling, we just need more people to know where we are and our customers to want to use us because we have the tackle shop, staff and customers that most anglers want to be involved with.

Never fear, we do not court expensive tackle companies, we have accounts with more than you see but many are "top end tackle" that we will get to order but we will not stock.

Thanks for you comments so far guys, keep 'em coming Thumbs

Last edited by TackleFrenzy on Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Martin
Martin
Admin

Number of posts : 660

http://www.newtontackleandgun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholymoondog Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 am

I think that the shop is fine as it is and does not need to be expanded any further. I believe that the display area is just right and see little point in throwing more money at it.

But hey that is just my 2 cents !
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 316

http://picasaweb.google.com/unholymoondog

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm

Me too
kev
kev
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:08 am

Thanks for all the input guys and in true Meglamaniac style I have ignored you all Laughing and built a bigger shop anyway snigger

From the reactions of those that have been in this week, I think that you will be glad that I did but I think I'll leave it as it is now (well for this year anyway).
Martin
Martin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lonewolf3k Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:49 am

Ok wise guy lol Evil or Very Mad if you have changed it wheres the new pics Very Happy so we can all see the change.
lonewolf3k
lonewolf3k
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:22 am

Give me an hour Arrow or maybe three Embarassed

Click on the pic

What Type of Tackle Shop Do You Want? Shop0712
Martin
Martin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:21 pm

Looks good martin I will be in thursday for a butchers
kev
kev
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by zulu3k Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:04 pm

looks good see u soon
Very Happy
zulu3k
zulu3k
Need To get A Life

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholymoondog Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 am

I was up visiting Martin today, showing my legs off Embarassed (shorts) and the expansion looks very good. Nice and roomy and lots more space for gear.

I look forward to seeing the Diawa Airity when it comes in Martin Wink Laughing Rolling Eyes sorry Embarassed Personally I can see no reason in buying a £3000 piece of carbon that snaps the first time out when a hooked Carp makes a dash for the nearest snag. That would make you sweat a bit pale

Seriously I'm very impressed with the new alterations. well done Thumbs Up
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 316

http://picasaweb.google.com/unholymoondog

Back to top Go down

Post by Malc Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:05 pm

Having not seen TF's shop due to not being from the area I can't really comment.

What I will say though, is, if expansion will improve the business it can't be a bad thing.

In this day and age presentation of the goods you sell is very important and if items like bivvies, of different makes, can be displayed to the customer you have a good chance of a sale and a good chance of repeat business.
Reading this thread it seems you've gone ahead and expanded,Martin, fair play to you and good luck.

Malc
New To TFAC

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MartynMellors Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:16 pm

i want a pole alley, and maybe a couple of vending machines. or a bar. yes a bar is good... LOL!!!
MartynMellors
MartynMellors
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Malc Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 pm

A bar, now your talking cheers

Malc
New To TFAC

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down