Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perching on Key Transport

5 posters

Go down

Perching on Key Transport Empty Perching on Key Transport

Post by Barry Island Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 am

Started my campaign to beat my Perch p.b. yesterday which currently stands at 2lb 8oz. I aim to catch a 3lber if I can. With this in mind arrived at Key Transport around 3.00pm, a bit later than I wanted but I left my maggots in the shed and had to go back for them Mad . Winkled out a few small roach on the whip for livebait and set up two rigs just off the lilies and waited. The water was very coloured due to the heavy rain so I wasn't that optimistic but after an hour or so the right hand rod went off like a steam train and after a good scrap I hauled in an eel around the 11/2lb mark - bugger! Anyway it wasn't too bad since the hook came out in the landing net Thumbs . Another hour and a tug on the right hand rod - a good scrap and a nice chunky Perch. A long wait, another Perch and the hook pulled out at the net affraid . Getting a bit chilly now as I had been roasting in the sun and I am the only angler left on the pond. One last run and another chunky sergeant. At the weigh in they went 2lb 1oz and 2lb 2oz so not a bad start to the campaign and I will definitely be back for more. All the fish especially the eel were ghostly pale - must be something to do with the clay suspended in the water. Very healthy environment, lots of wildlife and some big fish on top. I recommend a trip to this well kept pond which is really productive for tench and bream in the summer. I'll be after the sergeants though, maybe see you down there. fishing
Barry Island
Barry Island
Top TFAC Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Perching on Key Transport Empty Re: Perching on Key Transport

Post by Martin Mon May 04, 2009 3:02 am

Hi Ian, nice report mate and good luck on your quest. I shall keep reading with interest. apparently Bradley Pond has a few big stripies in there as well.
Martin
Martin
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtontackleandgun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zulu3k Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

yes good reading and good luck don 4 get the pic when u cach it Very Happy
zulu3k
zulu3k
Need To get A Life

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Tue May 05, 2009 11:52 am

Nice perch, my bro caught a 4lb 10 ozer once from tinkley quarry up the trusham road (its a koi farm now guys so ya cant fish it! lol) and that was a very pale grey colour too, the water there was also heavily coloured with a clay grey colour.
kev
kev
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Sat May 09, 2009 6:37 am

Sounds like a good challenge mate and good luck to you. i will also be reading on to see how you get on. as Zulu said don't forget the pic
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtonfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down