Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiplier decision help

2 posters

Go down

Multiplier decision help Empty Multiplier decision help

Post by db82 Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm really needing some help on choosing a multiplier for my christmas present.

I was thinking about a Abu Garcia 6500 but when i start to google it so many different versions turn up.

I do currently have a old sheakspeare reel but its seen better days, so i want to upgrade and start alot more multiplier shore fishing.

the main question is are there any noticeable advantages between each of the specs C3, CT, CS, Power handle, Mag , Rocket, pro, elilte and many of those names combined. and then there is the 7000 with again all of the above specs
db82
db82
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Multiplier decision help Empty Re: Multiplier decision help

Post by elliott Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:13 am

dave my man dont get bogged down with all the differant 6500 .the ct means casting tournament witch is a open cage reel thats wat you want for casting if you go see martin in the shop he has 6500ct they are black and very good on price not being rude but your level of casting you dont want to get involved with 6500mags a differant reel that needs to be used with experiance if you want a reel that is user friendly go for a daiwa millianare very good reel, dont forget when you buy a new reel you need to tune it to run to your preferance,i can do that for you and if you want to learn to cast il teach you Multiplier decision help Icon_biggrin

elliott
Gettin' It On

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by db82 Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:42 am

thanks for the help mate, the main thing im looking for is value for money as with a little one one the way £100 plus really hurts this time of year.
By the sounds of it the 6500 ct is what im looking for, i have never used a reel with mags so i really need to get used to casting with a decent multiplier first.
db82
db82
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by elliott Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

mate the 6500 martin has are 70 quid very good for casting trust me lobs it a long way mate 6500 mags are good if you can hit long distance but cast has to be smooth as they bird nest easyer a good 6500ct will cast 200+ yards if you tune them right i have done it myself so i no its true if you want something with more power and faster retreve go for a slosh 20 or a penn 525gs they are both very good but not a distance reel will do around 180-299 yards.with a ct you can when you get better remove the breaks bit by bit to speed it up but doing that expect more bird nests check ebay you can find the odd bargain there

elliott
Gettin' It On

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum