Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various December 1st 2010

Go down

Various December 1st 2010 Empty Various December 1st 2010

Post by Barry Island Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:54 am

Security on the Website. I know of a lot of concern re the site as a Google search shows a threat to computers. Please don't think we are ignoring this but our hosting service has not been replying. I will continue to work on getting this fixed. I have logged on frequently with no adverse affects to my p.c. but cannot recommend you do if you have any concerns at all.

Club Christmas Match on December 12th. We are seeing how the big freeze goes with this fixture in mind.

Security. Please be vigilant on and around Club waters. Sadly a few thefts have been reported recently and the Club cannot take responsibility for any losses though as fellow anglers we do sympathise gretaly with the victims of such incidents. Repairs to some sections of fencing will be taking place in the near future.

Milemead trip. The Juniors had a good day out and thnaks to Elliot Fay I will be posting a report and some pictures in the near future.

Update 29.11.10

Despite the current cold weather N.A.F.A. members are still reporting some good catches.
Dominic Holmes fished Dores Pond and had six carp between 18 and 25lb on legered boilies.
Another member had a superb 27lb Mirror from the Green Bank area of the same pond, also on boilies.
N.A.F.A. officials have been netting Spring Ponds over the last month, resulting in over 200 carp averaging 4 - 5lb being moved to Island, Wheel and Weedy Ponds at Rackerhays as well as a good number of silver fish.
Bradley Pond continues to fish well for skimmers, roach and the odd big perch on groundbait feeder or long pole in the deep water areas of the pond, maggots and casters the best bait.
At Wapperwell, skimmer and carp can be found with pellet or corn on the pole the best tactics.
Last weekend N.A.F.A. held the annual "Bonus Classic" match on Key Pond. Winner was Jamie Pearce on Peg 22 with 12 roach and 1 skimmer on pole with fished caster for 1k 600g. Second was Mike Smith on Peg 14 with a similar catch for 1k 470g; third was Mark Cousins on Peg 12 with 930g, fourth was Mark Newman on Peg 18 with 700g and fifth was Gary Webber on Peg 15 with 590g
Sunday 12th December is the date of N.A.F.A.'s Christmas Open Match.
Barry Island
Barry Island
Top TFAC Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down