Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Open

Go down

Christmas Open Empty Christmas Open

Post by Barry Island Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Surprisingly good weights given the freezing weather. I froze my bits off fishing into the wind at Sawmills - my teeth were chattering at the end despite me donning more layers than an onion!!! Christmas Open Icon_santa Christmas Open Icon_rendeer

N.A.F.A. held their annual Christmas Open Match last weekend. Due to recent heavy rainfall, a last minute change of venues was enforced to accommodate the 56 participants.

Overall winner on the day was Martin Tyler, on peg 15 at Wapperwell, with mainly skimmers on the long pole, with corn and pellet as bait for 5k 900g, edging out Jamie Pearce by just 20 grams into second place. Jamie drew peg 24 at Bradley and feeder fished maggots and pinkies for 5k 880g of skimmers. A close third was Exeter angler Kevin Diment on peg 5 at Eddison with two carp on 16m pole and corn for 5k 800g, and fourth was Mike Mudge on peg 7 at Bradley with skimmers on the feeder for 4k 870g.

5 peg section winners were: Bradley Pond:, Phil Bailey 1k 790g, John Durham 4k 100g, Rick Johnstone 660g, Dave Sugden 1k 440g. Key Pond: Phil Coles 1k 980g, Gary Webber 1k 600g, Wapperwell: Shaun Grierson 1k 500g, Tim Rowe 3k 400g. Eddison Pond: Graham Coleman 750g. Sawmills: Gary Thornton 550g.

Many thanks to the Union Inn for hosting the event both before and after the match.

On Sunday, 27th December, N.A.F.A. will hold the annual 'Club Christmas Match' on Key and Bradley.
Barry Island
Barry Island
Top TFAC Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down