Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carp Alarms

4 posters

Go down

Do you think alarms should be turned down to a minium

Carp Alarms Vote_lcap50%Carp Alarms Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
Carp Alarms Vote_lcap17%Carp Alarms Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
Carp Alarms Vote_lcap33%Carp Alarms Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

Carp Alarms Empty Carp Alarms

Post by Martin Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:09 pm

I must admit to being a bit wound up by the use of carp alarms for a day fishing session Mad. I don't use alarms during the day for two reasons. The constant beeps and pings as the wind blows or the fish swim into the line is annoying Mad and secondly my bait runners make a lovely wizz noise as the fish takes of with my rig indicating a take. The one down side is drop backs but since I tend to stay in my swim when I'm fishing I can pick up on these when they happen. I have my rods set up on alarms and if I wonder to the next swim I turn them on (quietly) for obvious reasons.

It seems to me that the bite alarm is the curse of a fishery and some anglers seem to think that they must have theirs on full blast. Also some anglers can't help but tug on them every 10 minutes to ensure that they are working. They are definitely better carp anglers than I am as I don't expect to catch one that often. I reckon maybe I take fishing too seriously as I am usually in the vicinity of my rods when fishing but some anglers on alarms seem to think that disappearing to the other side of the lake is OK if they are on alarms and that running past my swim at Linford Christies fast pace is OK when their alarms go off. I find this annoying as most of my carp are caught in the margins!!! Surely the EA if they came along would have issues with any angler not in or close to their swim with rods still in the water. However the funny side is to seem them race back, fall over, grab the rods which is still attached to the pod only to find the fish has got off Laughing!

Is there a point to this rant? Yes. I love fishing of all kinds and the thrill of the chance of catching a fish along with being by water, fishing with friends and the odd Kingfisher or dragonfly. But when on a lake that sounds like the local youth club with mobiles beeping messages between teenagers drives me to distraction Evil or Very Mad. I have fairly cheap alarms by the big manufacturers standards but one thing they do have - a volume control and I know how to use it. Do you guys and gals think that I am wrong to get wound up in this way and should just accept this as the status quo or can I start a turm 'em down campaign, I don't want to stop anyone's enjoyment of their beloved carp fishing, on the other hand I don't want to have my enjoyment of my beloved fishing spoilt either.
Martin
Martin
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtontackleandgun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Carp Alarms Empty Re: Carp Alarms

Post by Unholymoondog Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Sorry I couldn't resist voting for the last option Laughing
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 316

http://picasaweb.google.com/unholymoondog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:52 pm

yes this is an interesting point TF. i always use alarms when im carp fishing, enless im fishing in the margin obviously. and yes i must admit i do like them rather loud just because i enjoy listening to the screaming take when the fish takes the bait. however, i only have them loud when im far away from another angler to make sure that the sound doesnt bother them. if i have other anglers fishing reasonably close to me i will turn them right down and mainly go by the sound of the baitrunner as you do. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Its fair enough what you have TF and i can see your point, however i can also see the point on listening for the screaming take made by the mad running 6lb mirror Very Happy bounce
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 331

http://www.newtonfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by carphunter Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:58 am

I am allways very carefull not to upset anyone else on the bank with my alarms, I just have them set so I can hear them, most of my fishing is done on my own at the moment so I am never to far away from my rods, I use the fox mmxr alarms with a remote reciever so when I am night fishing I turn the volume off on my alarms & just have the reciever next to me in bed so as not to annoy others Very Happy
carphunter
carphunter
Top TFAC Member

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-03-16

http://rodsreelscarpforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down