Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARP IN A LAKE

3 posters

Go down

CARP IN A LAKE Empty CARP IN A LAKE

Post by supermaggot Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm

If carp are in a lake along with other fish /tench /bream/roach /rudd/perch.
does that lake become a carp lake ??
a tench lake ??
or any of the others??
if it becomes a lake with carp in with all the above, is it left alone with a bit of tender care to mature and become a pleasant place to be ?

if its a carp lake (fished by carp anglers)
does that mean it has to have the banks cleaned of vegetation in almost every swim to allow the use of bivvys
and all snags that a hooked carp may bump into removed
all trees moved to allow the casting of a 3ozs lead to the horizon (well the far bank)
all paths made bigger and wider to allow huge barrows to get round the lake and moved to allow for bivvys
does it become a place where the average angler needs to look at pods holding two rods and a buttoned up bivvy with a sleeping carp angler to see where the line goes so that he/she can fish a float, in the swim two pegs away.
if it becomes a carp lake even if the carp are only large doubles up to 20lbs small in a lot of places .how long does it take to become a syndicate,or only fished by carp anglers supported by subs from average anglers
has a average angler i support natural lakes and surroundings
what do you support????
supermaggot
supermaggot
Gettin' It On

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

CARP IN A LAKE Empty Re: CARP IN A LAKE

Post by Lamby Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 am

I Personally see myself as an average angler. I fish for the carp however I fish for other fish such as tench and crucian carp. But mainly I fish the waggler for the smaller fish hoping for the odd "biggen" fishing

Im all for over grow but not so much you cant fish Neutral . I also like fishing under over hanging trees but as long as they are not in the water No No .

Bivvy pegs in my view are what they are BUT not every peg should be a bivvy peg. Some pegs need to be for the pole anglers and some for the day session angler which there are plenty of High Five .

And finally, if there are carp in a water just as there are every other fish then it is not a "CARP" water it is what I know it as a "Mixed Fishery" Thumbs Up
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtonfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:26 am

Good answer Lamby and one I fully concur with. However the "carp angler" does seem more dedicated to their fishing in as much as they give up a fair amount of free time to turn the lake towards their favourite (only) type of fishing, mainly the pleasure angler does not.

If wide paths are required then I accept this, if some swims need to be cleared I also accept this BUT I am a firm believer in a mixed fishery and some pegs should be left for the day / session angler.

If an angler is fishing for carp but wishes to sleep I have no problem BUT if their rods are cast around the lake the angler should also accept that another angler may come along and fish over their lines / baits so my view is on a mixed fishery no more than two rods and keep them both in your own swim!

The biggest failing of some "carp anglers" (and I think that as usual it is the few that spoil for the many) is that they feel that they are superior in "carp fishing" than other coarse anglers and that because they have baited across three swims they can control them. Sorry guys, this is not the case, all anglers have the right to fish in any swim that is vacant, whether another anglers baits are there or not!

Good subject Supermaggot and I shall follow this one with interest and welcome input from anglers of all pusuasions, after all, we are all in this to catch fish whether large in size or large in quantity or just to while a way a few hours. fishing
Martin
Martin
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtontackleandgun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down