Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark

+4
Unholymoondog
kevin g
Jimi
Martin
8 posters

Go down

Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark Empty Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark

Post by Martin Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Just for a bit of fun I want to know what your ultimate fishery or fishing mark would be? If you are into coarse would it be a lake, lakes or river and for sea anglers would it be a sandy beach (in the bahamas counts) or a rocky mark on the edge of an estuary Question

My starter for 10 is:

Coarse Fishing

I would like my coarse fishery to include two lakes, one around an acre and a half, around 4ft deep except for a 6ft deep section at one end. The lake would be kidney shaped ofering a bay either end and stocked with roach to 2lb, rudd to 3lb, crucians to 2lb, bream to 7lb, perch (all over 8oz as I hate small perch) and a Pike, to eat the small perch and of course tench and golden tench.

The second lake would be 4 acres running to 8ft deep with irregular banks and small bays. The lake would be stocked with commons to 25lb, mirrors to 30lb, ghost carp to mid doubles, bream (to upset the carp anglers (just kidding guys, I LIKE big bream)) and a catfish. I would have bream and catfish to eat all the excess bait put into the lake.

In an ideal world I would have the lakes next to a stretch of river around 20ft wide, 4ft deep with 6ft runs with a gravel bottom and a few weed beds around half a mile long. In the river would be roach, bream, rudd, dace, chub and of course barbel with a dash or two of grayling to add an element of suprise.

Sea Fishing

If I could design a mark it would be a sandy beach around half a mile long with a rocky outcrop at one end leading to a breakwater. I couldn't stock it of coarse but this mark should produce flatties, mackerel and bass in summer and whiting and codling in winter. Dogies are always around which is OK with me as I love catching doggies and the rocks would form a haven for wrass. With any luck the breakwater would allow me to get far enough out for smoothies and bull huss and bigger codling / cod in the winter ('cause I can't cast!!) The other side of the breakwater would have a jetty allowing me to launch my 17ft fast fisher but that tale is for another day!

I look forward to reading about your ideal fishery or fishing mark.
Martin
Martin
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-03-11

http://www.newtontackleandgun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark Empty Re: Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark

Post by Jimi Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:46 pm

That sounds nice Dad but mine is nicer (joking lol! )

Coarse Fishing
i would like two lakes as well but my first one will only be about 2 acres and it would be 6ft deep, in the middle 11ft. But it would have an indented ring about 16ft out from the peg, it would be five ft wide and three ft deep and most of the fish will be in there most the time. I would have Bream in there up to 7lb, Tench up to 9lb, Crucians of any size a Catfish in there that will eat up all the fish that had died Crying or Very sad and a few pike in there. I would also have a little boat that has been sunk in the middle of the lake. Bushes between pegs but only 2 ft high but deep in the water and a couple of lilly pads spread out in the lake. There would be an island the other side of the lake from the entrance as well.

Then the second lake would be just over three acres with a few islands and lilly pads around the lake. A channel round the outside. There would be an inch or two of silt on the bottom and it will have Common carp up to 40lb ,Mirrors up to 35lb, Ghost carp up to 20lb tops and a couple of cat fish to eat the excess bait and the fish that had died Crying or Very sad i would also have another boat (15ft) in the middle but a little bigger than the one in the first lake but one that had a little cabin so some fish could go in there but only bollies on the hair rig and no bigger than 12ml aloud.

And they would be my dream lakes Very Happy Cool
Jimi
Jimi
New To TFAC

Number of posts : 13

http://www.newtonabbotfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark Empty MY MARK

Post by kevin g Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:33 am

My mark will be the Bristol channel but with more fish and sand to cast from for more grip.
But it is getting to that time of year when the bass will be back and that is good fun on light gear . fishing
kevin g
kevin g
New To TFAC

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-21

Back to top Go down

Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark Empty Re: Your Ultimate Fishery / Fishing Mark

Post by Martin Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 am

Hi Kevin

good to see you active on the forum and thanks for the reply, it seems our old standing members aren't so sure what their would be - must be easy to please Laughing
Martin
Martin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholymoondog Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:09 pm

I'll have to separate this one into two posts, as the coarse mark requires some thought. The sea mark is very easy and requires no thought whatsoever.

My favourite sea mark would have to be without any doubt, the jetty in Tromso Norway. Not exactly a quick journey, but unforgettable fishing.

The time would be mid June, when the Sun barely dips below the horizon and quickly pops up again, it never gets dark.

I fished with three friends off the jetty and we could not believe what we were catching ! We were using fresh prawns, which were purchased off a local fish vendor, who was located in a van close to where we were fishing.

The local species were Cod and Pollock, not just small Cod and Pollock, but huge fish that you would never believe were there. Yes just off a jetty in Tromso harbour were 20lB + fish Shocked

We fished it at sunset 00:01 hours, that was strange enough to get our heads around, but when the first fish was caught we could not believe it. Shocked First cast, first fish, a 14lB Cod. OMG we could not believe it, why were there huge fish so close in ???

It was a fish a chuck and we had to buy more prawns as we soon ran out, due to the unbelievable fishing. One of the Pollock I caught was as long as the distance from my waist to the ground. It was massive, what we would give to catch fish like this at home.

We watched the fishing boats go out and we wondered why ? With all those fish right at the side of the jetty why bother, just catch them here.

It is one of my most memorable fishing experiences in any discipline and it is one that I would love to repeat some day.

Anyone want to arrange a sea trip to Norway ?? Laughing

This is about fantasy fishing marks, they really do exist !
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 316

http://picasaweb.google.com/unholymoondog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Sounds like fantastic fishing and i sure the club might go there one day.

Cant wait to read about your coarse fishing venue. bom Very Happy
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 331

http://www.newtonfishing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholymoondog Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:08 pm

The fishing was simply stunning in Norway Like a Star @ heaven It would be great to have a club trip to there, but it may be a touch expensive Sad

My coarse venue will be a real one as well, I don't really want to make one up.
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:10 pm

Il make my fishing venue real Laughing Laughing lol!
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unholymoondog Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm

I could make things easy and say anywhere with Tench Cool Rolling Eyes Laughing but I'll try to come up with somthing better.
Unholymoondog
Unholymoondog
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by supermaggot Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:31 am

my ultimate fishing mark does exist.
its over in southern ireland, in county caven.
this area is called bards shore
basicaly its two huge inland locks (lakes)joined together by a river this river runs right along a natural coarse and in the years past has created the two locks(lakes).this effect creates a current running through the locks so you can stick float in a lake??
this venue is prolific with bream .and hybreds 3lbs+ roach and pike
you could be reeling in a 3ib bream and a pike will have half of it
if you fish the river neck between the locks it a normal fast paced river brillent for feeder fishing the only snag is that the irish water board draw water from it and put it into a huge vertical holding tank to use for drinking water using the settlement methord you can imagine you are fishing a feeder with stacks of groundbait they open the sluice the water goes down two feet for a while .once the tank is full the water comes back up.all your ground bait as gone into the tank when you make your flask the next day it has 1 inch of sediment in the bottom wonder what that is .
you can sit here and catch as many bream as you like .
you can sit here and catch as many tench as you like
you can sit here and catch as many hybreds as you like
you can sit here and watch the pike gillys taking people from all over the world pike fishing
the down side of ireland is its always bloody wet
but the people are great oh and the beer rock n' roll want a coffee
supermaggot
supermaggot
Gettin' It On

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:31 am

Well guys keep watching this space, my dream lakes have a chance of becoming a reality!!! cheers
Martin
Martin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 am

When I win on Wednesday night, this will become my favourite....
http://www.thethackerays.com/index.htm
......filled with 20 common and 20 mirrors rangeing from 15lb upto 'BIG', and enough littluns to keep the 10x 25lb cats fed, but until then, favourite for sea fishing, it would have to be 'Off the Bill' or Chesil ('God's Little Acre' end), and for Carp fishing, it would have to be an unfished water just up the road.
It has weed, silt, bars, deep holes and is an anglers paradise for both catching and learning.
'Blanking' at the latter is also possible. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by MartynMellors Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm

my favorite is any lake that contains fish that i can go and preferablly catch.
MartynMellors
MartynMellors
Greenhorn

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lamby Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

Good call martyn!!
Lamby
Lamby
Top Geezer

Back to top Go down

Post by kev Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:19 am

That lake in France looks aweswome!
kev
kev
Top Geezer

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down