Newton Tackle & Gun Centre Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 27th Update

Go down

October 27th Update Empty October 27th Update

Post by Barry Island Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 am

Changes at NAFA

Apologies for the lack of updates recently but I have been on holiday and work has been very busy. At the AGM last week a new Chairman, Ian Powell, and Secretary, Ian Donaldson, were elected. Both have promised to do their best for the Club and its members and will be working with the rest of the Committee to keep the Club and its waters at the 'top of the tree' regionally and nationally.

I intend to have a summary of what went on at the AGM up on this site before work on Monday. I also hope to have news from this Tuesday's Committee meeting up here as well. In the meantime here is the fishing news:

Last week N.A.F.A. Juniors held their annual "Drennan Challenge" on Wheel Pond.

Winner on the day was Ashley Smith with nine carp on pole and pellet for exactly 8kg. Second was Liam Dore with 1k 800g of roach on the pole and maggot, and third was Sam Powell with a similar catch for 1k 550g.

Many thanks to Drennan for their continued support of the event.

Elsewhere on Rackerhayes, pike to 15lb are showing on Dores and First Ponds to deadbaits.

At Weedy, carp to double figures and odd tench to corn or pellets.

Skimmers and roach are showing at Preston Ponds and Bradley on pole or feeder tactics.

Fish at Wapperwell for skimmers and Charlecombe for carp into double figures.[/i][/b]

Last edited by Barry Island on Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to increase font sizer!!)
Barry Island
Barry Island
Top TFAC Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down